As internet access becomes more widespread, the number of online buyers keeps skyrocketing. Today, billions of people shop online every day. Therefore, for businesses, having an online store is no longer a luxury; it’s a necessity. If you want to tap into this huge market, then you need to have a well-designed eCommerce website.
WordPress plugins are a great way to add eCommerce to your website. They not only enhance the functionality of your website but also make it easier to manage your online store.
Let’s discuss the best eCommerce plugins for WordPress. This should help you decide which is the best fit for your business.
Here Are the Best eCommerce Plugins
With a 36.6% market share, WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin. It’s a free plugin that allows you to turn your WordPress website into a fully functional online store.
This plugin is packed with a wide range of advanced features, including:
- WooCommerce Blocks: These are a set of Gutenberg blocks that make it easy to add eCommerce content to your pages and posts. With it, you can add bestsellers, new products, top-rated products, hand-picked products, and more to your post and pages.
- One Page Checkout: This feature allows customers to complete their purchases on a single page. This can help increase your conversion rate as it makes the checkout process simpler and faster.
- WooCommerce Memberships: This feature allows you to create members-only content and sell access to it. For example, you can use WooCommerce Memberships to create a subscription-based online course. It provides one of the surest ways to make your store better.
Note: WooCommerce membership is a separate plugin that you need to install and activate.
To get the best out of this plugin, make sure you use a WooCommerce hosting solution that’s designed specifically for WooCommerce websites. This will ensure optimum performance, security, and scalability.
Are you looking for an eCommerce plugin with the power and flexibility of a big-name solution, but without the price tag? BigCommerce for WordPress could be the answer. It’s packed with revolutionary features that include:
- Extensive payment gateways: BigCommerce has over 65 payment gateways available out of the box and over 250 localized payment methods.
- Multi-channel selling and management: BigCommerce lets you sell on your WordPress site, social media, and marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Google Shopping—all from one central place.
- Integration with in-house POS: BigCommerce’s integration with Square lets you seamlessly connect your WordPress site to your in-house POS system.
Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is a WordPress toolkit that makes selling digital products on WordPress easy. It’s perfect for selling digital products, downloads, and subscriptions.
This plugin comes with a host of features and add-ons that make digital product management a breeze. It has a customizable checkout process, built-in support for several payment gateways, automatic customer account creation, and much more.
Perhaps the most appealing feature of Easy Digital Downloads is its ease of use. It’s designed to be as straightforward and intuitive as possible. Therefore, you can focus on selling your products and not worry about the technical details.
The layout is clear, and you have all the necessary features at your fingertips. Whether you need the feature that allows you to showcase your business name in the checkout process or the one that allows customers to purchase multiple products at once, you will find them with ease.
WP Simple Pay
If you are looking for a solution that will help you set up a simple shopping cart on your WordPress site, then WP Simple Pay is your best bet. It’s a lightweight plugin that doesn’t bog down your site with unnecessary features.
This plugin allows you to collect one-time or recurring payments with ease. It integrates with Stripe to provide a seamless payment experience for your customers. Setting up WP Simple Pay is a breeze. It comes with a handy shortcode that you can use to insert buy buttons anywhere on your site.
There are other amazing features within WP Simple Pay as well. This includes the ability to offer discounts, set up subscription plans, multi-language, currency support, and more.
Shopify eCommerce Plugin
With over 2.1 million daily active users, Shopify is one of the biggest names in the eCommerce space. It’s a complete solution that takes care of all the technical details for you. All you need to do is add your products and start selling.
Shopify is perfect for those who want to launch an online store with little to no hassle. It has everything you need to get started, including a customizable theme, inventory management, and secure checkout.
The most notable advanced features that come with Shopify include:
- Pop-up shopping cart: This feature allows your customers to view their shopping cart in a pop-up window, so they can see what they’re buying as they browse your store.
- Drag and drop product builder: This feature allows you to quickly and easily add products to any sidebar, page, or post on your WordPress site.
- Google Analytics integration: This feature allows you to connect your Shopify store with Google Analytics, so you can track your sales and customers.
Remember, this app only allows you to add a “Buy Now” button to your WordPress site. This button takes your customers to the Shopify store; hence, it is not a complete eCommerce solution for WordPress.