SEO or SEO is an important aspect that needs to be considered in the drafting of webpage content, and is an essential component of Digital Marketing strategy. In this article, let us look at some of the most frequently asked seo interview questions.
Questions to ask for SEO interview
1) What exactly does SEO stand for? Which essential categories of SEO strategies are there to choose from?
The technique of continually adjusting the position of a web page or website in a search engine’s results by employing keywords or phrases is referred to as search engine optimization, abbreviated as SEO.
The following are two types of SEO:
- Optimization of the Current Page
- Optimization Off of the Page
2) Which search engine optimization tools do you use?
Google Analytics, the Keyword Planner, Alexa, open site explorer, and Google Webmaster are some of the search engine optimization tools that I utilize.
3) Can you explain what you mean by the term “backlink”?
Backlinks are another name for the links that point to your website or webpage from outside sources. An inward link is another name for this type of link.
4) Can you explain what outbound links are?
Links that lead away from your website and to another webpage or website make up the outbound links.
5) Define the term “Googlebot”
Google makes use of the Googlebot in order to index and update a webpage (Web Spider). Collecting information from a webpage allows Googlebot to cache, crawl, and index that webpage. These operations are carried out by Googlebot.
6) Can you explain what cross-linking is? What is the purpose of establishing crosslinks?
- The technique of linking one website to another website is referred to as cross-linking.
- Users are provided with links to reference sites that include content that is pertinent to their search.
- The individual who owns both of the websites that link to each other cannot be the same person.
- To put it another way, cross-linking is a form of reciprocal connecting in which both parties link to the other.
It is possible that this will be a link that goes in both directions. In a link structure known as a 2-way connection, website A links to website B, while website B links to website A. Site A links to site B, site B links to site C, and site C links back to site A. This type of link is known as a 3-way link.
7) Why is the use of keywords so important in search engine optimization?
A single word is what we mean when we refer to something as a keyword, while multiple words put together form phrases. The subjects found across the internet are populated with the help of these keywords and phrases, which are used by search engines. When a search is performed, the search engine will provide the most relevant results it can find for the keywords that have been entered into the database.
8) Please explain the significance of the body content
Body content relevance, also known as non-image text, is the term used to describe the relevance of the text that appears on a website that does not contain any images. It assists in the proper optimization of the websites and also helps to boost your ranking in the search engine.
9) Describe several types of crawlers, such as robots and spiders
Although they are referred to by a variety of names, spiders, robots, and crawlers are all the same thing. It is a piece of software that “crawls,” or navigates through, various links located all over the internet. After doing so, it extracts the material from the sites it visits and adds it to the indexes of search engines.
10) What does it indicate when searching for the domain and nothing appears in the results?
If you search for your domain and come up with nothing, there are three different scenarios that could have happened.
- It’s possible that search engines have blacklisted the website.
- It’s possible that search engines don’t index it.
- Some canonical issues
11)What is keyword stemming?
Term stemming is the process of deriving other keywords from the primary keyword that was used in the search query. The creation of a new keyword can be accomplished by including a prefix, suffix, or pluralization in the word.
12) Could you explain what you mean by cloaking?
Cloaking is a misleading method of search engine optimization that can be used on your website. When utilizing this method, the content that is offered to the search engine crawler will differ from that which is shown to the end consumers of the website.
13) A commonly asked seo interview question is How many different kinds of Meta Tags are there in SEO? Where can I find out how many characters they allow?
When it comes to SEO, there are primarily four different kinds of meta tags.
- With a maximum width of 1200 pixels, the Meta Description tag
- Meta Keyword tag
- Title Tag with a Maximum Width of 600 Pixels
- Meta Robots
14) What is the maximum number of characters allowed in the Meta Description tag?
Within a title tag, we have room for 70 characters, and within a Meta Description tag, we have enough for 222 characters. Despite this, Google has implemented a pixel limit.
15) Can you explain what the Google Sandbox is?
The Google sandbox is an imagined region where new websites and their search ratings are held while the sites are evaluated to see whether or not they should be ranked. In other words, it examines the level of quality present on the website.
16) What does it mean to use Black Hat SEO?
Websites will utilize a wide variety of strategies, tactics, and approaches, all of which fall into one of two categories, in order to achieve a high ranking in the SEO search engine result page. White Hat SEO refers to the practice of optimizing a website in a way that is approved by search engine guidelines, whereas Black Hat SEO refers to the practice of optimizing a website in a way that is not approved by search engine rules.
17) What are some well-known examples of unethical SEO practices?
- Link Farming
- Hidden text, etc.
- Pages that act as gateways or doorways.
- The Overuse of Keywords
18) Describe the dissimilarities between a “nofollow” link and a “dofollow” link
Links with the nofollow attribute do not convey link juice and have no effect on the ranking algorithm used by Google. Dofollow links are important to Google’s ranking algorithm since they send link juice to the destination site.